Monday, August 22, 2016

Crafty Creations

We have been crazy busy working to get Rosi ready for her first road trip!  We worked on her all day Saturday and Sunday...and I truly mean all day...I woke up just after 6 am, worked all day and was still sewing pillows at 2 in the morning on Saturday.  We had two main goals this weekend, to decorate and to seal the roof.


We did not finish the decorating phase yet so I will post photos when everything is in place but I thought I'd share some of the fun crafts I have made for Rosi over the last couple of months.  Rosi is like a giant craft project for me!


No boring switch plate covers for Rosi!  She deserves everything to be fun & fancy.  So I decided to print out pictures I found online and decoupage the switch plates.  I LOVE how these turned out!  The only bad thing is that some of these will not be visible once everything is set up...but that's okay because I know they are there.



Going with the fun and fancy idea, I knew I needed to do something to make Rosi's light fixture prettier.  I decided that every girl deserves a flower crown, including Rosi.  I gathered cedar pinecones which look like roses, spray-painted them different shades of pink and attached them to a wire wreath.  We put this up yesterday and realized that the pinecones would fall out if we hung it upside down.  I knew there had to be a solution so I got creative.  I wrapped the wreath with tulle to keep everything in place.  Hanging this was not easy and it still needs some tweaking to make it look just right.  But I am very happy that my boho, chic hippie chick will be wearing a flower crown to her first festival.



I found so many great pictures online that I decided I needed to find another use for them.  I had some small gold plastic frames that I had bought at a thrift store for a quarter a piece.  I spray painted these pink.  I put a picture in the frame and decoupaged a picture on the back of the frame.  I hung these from the fabric scrap curtains I made for Rosi.  It adds a fun detail!



I try to spend very little money on decorating Rosi & try to use what I have laying around the house.  I had some old t-shirts that were perfect colors and decided to use those.  I used a tie dye shirt to cover a pillow. 


Then, I looked on Pinterest for more craft ideas that you can create from t-shirts.  I found a couple of neat ideas.  I cut one long strip from a pink, blue and white shirt.  I braided these together and then made this into a basket. 


I also found a cool project making bags from old t-shirts.  I figure these will look good in Rosi and are practical.  We can use them for our groceries.





One of my very favorite projects I have made for Rosi is a rug made from t-shirts.  I cut small strips and latch hooked a rug.  It took a lot more strips than I had imagined so I ended up making a small rug perfect for in front of the sink.  I love it!



We have spent many weekends this summer working on Rosi's roof.  The previous owners covered the roof with heavy black roofing tar.  We were told that this should never be done to a camper.  It was recommended that we remove the tar and seal it with a plastic covering.  Definitely MUCH easier said than done!  We scraped and scraped and scraped some more trying to remove the tar.  It was a very long, boring, hot and blister creating process which we are happy to have behind us.  Yesterday, we were finally able to apply the plastic covering and to finish the roof!



I hope to be finished decorating Rosi on Wednesday morning...just in time for Rosi's first music festival!  I will post pictures so you can see how it all came together.  I will always have projects I am dreaming of for Rosi, but I am pretty pleased with how she looks for her first adventure!   

No comments:

Post a Comment